Machine Gun Kelly Breaks Record for Most Career Hits for a Soloist on Hot Rock & Alternative Songs Chart
Machine Gun Kelly scores his second No. 1 on Billboard‘s Top Rock Albums chart (dated April 9), as Mainstream Sellout launches at No. 1 with 93,000 equivalent album units earned in the March 25-31 tracking week, according to Luminate, formerly MRC Data.
The set follows his 2020 effort Tickets to My Downfall, which spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on Top Rock Albums beginning that October – the fifth-longest reign in the chart’s history.
As the LP arrives atop the tally, Machine Gun Kelly sends 14 of its songs onto the latest Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart, tying his personal weekly best. Here’s a recap (all are debuts except where noted):
- No. 5, “Make Up Sex,” with blackbear
- No. 6, “Maybe,” with Bring Me the Horizon (up from No. 11; new high)
- No. 10, “Emo Girl,” with WILLOW (up from No. 15; peaked at No. 9)
- No. 11, “Ay!,” with Lil Wayne (up from No. 14; peaked at No. 8)
- No. 15, “Drug Dealer,” feat. Lil Wayne
- No. 16, “Fake Love Don’t Last,” with iann dior
- No. 17, “Die in California,” feat. Gunna, Young Thug & Landon Barker
- No. 19, “God Save Me”
- No. 20, “Twin Flame”
- No. 22, “Born With Horns”
- No. 23, “5150”
- No. 25, “Mainstream Sellout”
- No. 26, “Sid & Nancy”
- No. 32, “WW4”
Machine Gun Kelly first charted 14 songs on Hot Rock & Alternative Songs concurrent with the chart start of Tickets to My Downfall. Linkin Park holds the record for the most simultaneous chart entries, with 23 on the Aug. 12, 2017, ranking, following the death of lead singer Chester Bennington.
The 11 debuts on the latest list bring Machine Gun Kelly’s career total to 45 entries on Hot Rock & Alternative Songs – the most among soloists and second overall only to Imagine Dragons (61) since the chart began in 2009. This week alone, he surpasses Twenty One Pilots (44), Coldplay (43), The Lumineers (41), Mumford & Sons (37), Lana Del Rey (the prior record-holder among soloists with 36), Linkin Park (also 36), Blink-182 (35) and John Mayer (34, previously the most among solo males).
Of Machine Gun Kelly’s 45 Hot Rock & Alternative Songs hits, 13 have reached the top 10, the most among solo males. Overall, he boasts the fifth-most top 10s, after Imagine Dragons (21), Taylor Swift (18), Coldplay and Twenty One Pilots (16 each).
Machine Gun Kelly first appeared on Hot Rock & Alternative Songs in 2013, as featured on Sleeping With Sirens’ “Alone.”
As previously reported, Mainstream Sellout soars in as Machine Gun Kelly’s second No. 1, after Tickets to My Downfall, on the all-genre Billboard 200. He also crowns the Billboard Artist 100 for a second frame.
Machine Gun Kelly Breaks Record for Most Career Hits for a Soloist on Hot Rock & Alternative Songs Chart Machine Gun Kelly scores his second No. 1 on Billboard‘s Top Rock Albums chart (dated April 9), as Mainstream Sellout launches at No. 1 with 93,000 equivalent album units earned in the March 25-31 tracking week, according…
- Frank Iero’s Shirt Honors Texas Shooting Victims at My Chem Show
- The Huge Whitesnake Hit Originally Written for Tina Turna
- Austin Butler & Tom Hanks Light Up Screen in Baz Luhrmann’s ‘Elvis’: Review
- Judge Dismisses Ex-Manson Assistant’s Abuse Case Over Limitations
- Universal’s UMe Promotes Sujata Murthy