Pusha T’s ‘Dry’ Sparks Seven Debuts on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart
As Pusha T captures his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with It’s Almost Dry, the album’s impact extends to the song charts, where nine of its tracks appear on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs tally. Thanks to the Dry spell, the rapper nearly doubles his previous career total of songs on the chart.
Seven of the Dry cuts on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs are debuts, led by the No. 17 arrival of “Scrape It Off,” featuring Lil Uzi Vert and Don Toliver. “Scrape,” unsurprisingly, was Pusha T’s most-streamed song in the latest tracking week, with 8.3 million official U.S. streams in the week ending April 28, according to Luminate, enough for a No. 10 start on the R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs chart.
With “Scrape” on top, here’s the full recap of Pusha T’s new entries on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs:
- No. 17, “Scrape It Off,” featuring Lil Uzi Vert & Don Toliver
- No. 25, “Rock N Roll,” featuring Kanye West & Kid Cudi
- No. 28, “Dreamin of the Past,” featuring Kanye West
- No. 37, “Brambleton”
- No. 39, “Let the Smokers Shine the Coupes”
- No. 46, “Just so You Remember”
- No. 49, “Call My Bluff”
In addition, two more songs from the album return to Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for their second weeks each on the chart. “Neck & Wrist,” featuring Jay-Z and Pharrell Williams re-enters at a No. 23 peak after having previously reached a No. 33 best, and “Diet Coke” resurfaces at No. 43, two spots higher than its previous peak.
Thanks to the nine Dry songs, Pusha T rises to 24 total charted hits on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. He claimed his first as a featured artist on Kanye West’s “Runaway” in 2010, while his highest peak also came through a guest turn on a West track, the five-week No. 1 “Mercy” in 2012.
As mentioned above, Dry marks Pusha T’s first No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 as well as the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The set landed with 55,000 equivalent album units earned in its first week (ending April 28). Dry became his second champ on Top Rap Albums, following the one-week rule of King Push: Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude in 2016.
Pusha T’s ‘Dry’ Sparks Seven Debuts on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart As Pusha T captures his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with It’s Almost Dry, the album’s impact extends to the song charts, where nine of its tracks appear on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs tally. Thanks to the Dry spell, the rapper nearly…
- TINI’s ‘La Triple T’ Holds at No. 1 on Billboard Argentina Hot 100 Chart
- 6 Beauty Brands to Support for AAPI Month & Beyond
- Executive Turntable: Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus Launches VC Music Startup; S10 Promotes Four
- Ann Wilson of Heart Talks Queen & The Who Covers, Plus New Music on Behind the Setlist Podcast
- Bobby Brown Talks Tell-All A&E ‘Biography’: ‘This Is My Truth’